A bedroom is perhaps the most intimate of rooms in a house. Nothing
speaks of your personality more than a bedroom. From the art adorning
your walls to the furniture filling up the space – your bedroom is a
sweet haven of your own unique style.
Lighting is one of the most important factors contributing to a bedroom’s overall ambience. Different types of bedroom lighting options are available to create effects ranging from dramatic and romantic to relaxing and functional. That’s perhaps the reason why a bedroom typically has multiple lighting options.
Lamps are a perfect addition to a bedroom space. You can use lamps in various styles and finishes for decorative or functional purposes. Not only can lamps be used to showcase a bedroom’s style, but they also serve as additional sources of light when you want to entertain, read, write, or work.
Following are 10 lighting ideas for your bedroom. Created by international designers, these 10 lamps are artistic masterpieces guaranteed to lend your bedroom that "je ne sais quoi".
1. IC Lights C/W by Michael Anastassiades for the elegant couple’s bedroom. Available as a wall or ceiling fixture, use it as a single piece or create a family of IC lights to add class to your personal space.
2. Smithfield C by Jasper Morrison for the minimalistic bedroom. The direct light this ceiling mounted lamp provides is perfect to illuminate your work corner. This unpretentious lamp is available in both dimmable and non-dimmable options.
3. Guns Bedside by Philippe Starck for the eternal bachelor’s (or bachelor "at heart"). The bold design of this lamp is perfect for the confident single man not afraid to make bold decorative choices.
Clockwise from top right: Guns Bedside, Foglio, Smithfield C, IC Lights C/W
4. Miss K Table Lamp by Philippe Starck for the bedroom that wants a little playfulness. Put this diffused lighting lamp against a bold backdrop to create a nice contrast (page top).
5. Foglio by Tobia Scarpa for the artistic. The indirect light provided by this wall lamp with a sculptural form, will create an understated ambience that is perfect for a minimally decorated bedroom.
6. Skygarden Recessed by Marcel Wanders for a bedroom with dramatic flair. Bring out your artistic side by using this intricately designed recessed ceiling lamp to illuminate your bedroom.
7. Light Spring Double by Ron Gilad for a bedroom lighting fixture that is traditional and modern at the same time. This wall mounted light evokes the traditional wall-mounted candle sconce that is updated for the 21st century with LED.
Clockwise from top right: Skygarden Recessed, Chapo, Chrysalis, Light Spring Double
8. Chrysalis by Marcel Wanders is a sculptural fixture that also provides lighting. The floor lamp has two light sources, one of which projects decorative frieze on the ceiling that is perfect for creating a special ambiance.
9. Chapo by Philippe Starck for the bedroom that needs a hat stand. The carelessly flung hat on the Chapo lends a retro charm to the room. The playfully designed table lamp provides direct light that can be dimmed to suit the mood.
10. Ariette by Tobia Scarpa for the contemporary bedroom. This unique piece can be hung on the wall or attached to the ceiling, evoking a flying kite.
Browse through our complete range of wall + ceiling lamps created by some of the best-known lighting designers in the world. Order now to receive our free shipping offer.